After last week’s half marathon and my many lessons learned, I’m back for more! I am running Capital City Half Marathon on May 2, 2015, in our beautiful home city of Columbus, OH! Today marks Day 1 of my training for Capital City Half Marathon and we are excited to be able to offer a discount code for you to join!
I am looking forward to this race for many reasons:
1. My mom is flying in and running with me, this will be our 3rd half marathon together.
2. My family will be able to support us on the course.
3. My favorite Chix are running and they are both working hard for PRs.
4. What better way to see our new city than to run it??
5. I’m going to be more prepared for this race and I’m pumped!
This race offers half marathon, quarter marathon and 5k distances – something for everyone! We are excited to offer you a $5 off coupon code! Entry fees will increase on February 28, so get on it! Enter code: 15CCCOTR5 in the discounts box at the payment screen.
I decided to use the training plan provided by OhioHealth. I chose the Intermediate Half Marathon plan, even though it’s a 17 week plan and I’m starting a bit late, I do have a solid base since I just completed Surf City last weekend. There are both beginner and intermediate plans to choose from for each distance covered in the event. I like how detailed this plan is with the specific workouts.
I’m mentally ready and looking forward to the new round training ahead!